Sunday, June 15, 2008

I SURVIVED!!!!

I did it! I actually survived! I survived Girls Camp '08 and I am shocked! Despite the extremely high temperatures, thunder/lightning storm madness, 5 mile hike, missing my hubby, massive spiders, stomach aches, and 70 teenage girls, I still survived! And the best part is...I actually enjoyed myself! The girls were wonderful and the adult leaders were a joy to work with! I made quite a few new friends, met the infamous Melanie Mauer (check out my link list to the right and then look at her blog/photos!!!!), caught up with some old friends from the Owingsville stake, and slept on the tallest blow-up mattress I've ever seen! Shew! What a week! I must say though, I'm thrilled to be back in my own bed, with my husband and with all the daily conveniences you so dearly miss when you're "roughin' it".............like air conditioning!

1 comment:

Berkley, Meredith, Tanner & Avery said...

Oh I'm so jealous that you are done with Girls Camp. I have to go next week and I'm dreading it! I'll let you know if I survive... wish me luck. I'll need it with my group of girls.