Sunday, August 3, 2008

Alumni Soccer Game

Well everyone...believe it or not, I survived! On Sat, Aug 2nd, I played in my 7th annual soccer game and it was a blast!!! The alumni had 11 gals show up, with me being the oldest on the squad. We won 4-2 and honestly believe it would have been 4-0 if we'd had any subs! The high school team, which I help coach, played well, but there is no beating old woman who are out of shape and are playing for their pride! I was incredibly impressed with the amount of skill displayed by the alumni girls, some of which haven't played in years. I swear soccer is like riding a bike...you never really forget how to do it! My best pal Kristen Porter played for the first time in quite a few years and did great! Twila Hall rocked the field with 3 goals and Lindsey Weinjtes came in with the 4th goal! All in all it was a great day of soccer, old friends, and new memories! Can't wait til next year! (Check out the pics below...like the clashing clothing, Porter and I thuggin' it, the pouty faces due to the heat and the rest of the crew!)

4 comments:

Kris10 said...

Indeed it was a blast! I can't believe how many memories it brings back. Makes practice with the girls that much more fun. U were pretty incredible too mi amiga! I'm sore though, and have forgotten how to walk...but it's a sacrifice worth making for a little old lady bonding!

heidizinha said...

oooh, i miss soccer!

Lillian said...

Kally, So I don't mean to be weird, but you have AMAZING legs! I've always been a little jealous ... ;)

And you look so happy and as beautiful as ever! I miss you!

Berkley, Meredith, Tanner & Avery said...

Whoa you look skinny girl! Hot mama!